Skip to main content

Words inspired by a failed year...


What do you want me to say? I have nothing for you. I have nothing for anybody. I have failed so many times at so many things I stopped counting.

You want me to be “normal”? To behave “normal”, to act like society expects me to?

I’m not that guy. I’m not that person. I’d rather wallow in dirt rather than accommodate to what the people around me expect me to be.

Yes, I know what that means. I know what this kind of way of thinking will eventually lead to. I don’t care and I mean it. It’s not that I’m unaware of the consequences, I am, don’t worry. It’s just that I stopped worrying about things I may or may not achieve. A diploma, a marriage, a good life and a good fortune… no, everything I need is simple. If there is one thing I need to be aware of it’s my lack of submission to the truth of my existence.

I’m not afraid of dying alone. I’m not afraid of never finding love. I’m not afraid of not making enough money. The only thing I can do is try. And as long as I try, it doesn’t matter if I die succeeding or not. If I am meant to die, I will. If I am not, I won’t. It’s that simple. The only question is, how prepared will I be at that point, when death knocks at my door to take me to the other side.

I am a man of conviction. I am a man of belief. I will work towards what I believe and won’t allow anyone hindering me on that path. Even if it means that it will take years to achieve, I shall not falter.

There is but one goal that shall ever matter: Riza-i ilahi.

Every other goal shall serve this one purpose of my life.

Every mistake, every good deed, every sacrifice and chance I take, will be an accumulation towards that one goal.

What is love, but something that perishes with death.

What is trust, but a fragile string attached between humans.

What is life without purpose, but a finite timespan in a zoo called earth.

Can you bring back the dead? Can you evade death? Can you grasp immortality? Can you stop the universe from collapsing one day?

Don’t waste time pitying me, rather have a look at the mirror and honestly reflect on your life.

The world you live in and the world I live in are quite different. We just occupy the same space, that’s all.

And as long as we deny each other, we shall remain occupying the same space, but continue living in different worlds.

You shall have this moment of joy, for that moment doesn’t exist in my world. If you think otherwise, it’s only your pathetic excuse to try dragging me into your world.

But I don’t exist there.

I really don’t.


PS: Don't take this one to serious, I feel a little melancholy. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tears

There in the distance a faint glow - a red flickering ball in the blue sky above. I see black smoke rising and a whisper of men and women screaming resounds in my ears. “Where am I?” I wonder, scoping my surroundings in curiosity. The floor is tinted in a bluish gray - the ground I’m seated on feels hard. I look to my right and see a steep hill rising. There are lush greens on the top, but the rising is a deep brown. “Uh- ah-” A tiny voice awakens left to me. I turn around and am amazed. There is a small girl lying just next to me dressed in an all gray gown. I observe her for a moment. I wonder if she’s alright. “Who are you little girl?” I ask her. Maybe I should have started with how are you doing, but my curiosity got the better of me. “Where-” she starts “am I? Who are you? What!” She stops in mid-sentence as she catches a glimpse of her clothing. “WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DRESS!” she calls out to me. “Calm down, will you? How should I know, I’m just as surp

A cycle of introspection

A voice from deep within asked him: "What is it that makes you whole?" In an empty desert, on a path chosen long ago, he stopped for a moment. He didn't wonder who the voice belonged to, he already knew. He always knew when his conscience was talking. As always, it kept taunting him or at least he thought it was. "I've given up on being whole long ago, I've accepted it... to be broken, to have fallen..." His voice was weary, tired even. Not from the endless walking, but from this ever repeating cycle of questioning. In a way, his answer felt rehearsed. This didn't justify thinking, so he didn't. An auto-response to an auto-generated series of questions. He had no answers, so why bother. "Must be nice, running away, avoiding the difficult questions, but there is an obvious flaw in your reasoning." Sometimes it scared him, this invisible voice. Ever so often, it would try to break the cycle by approaching him from new angles.

A mix of thoughts

Do you feel the sun rise in the morning or do you lament the fall of the moon? A curious journey through the flow of time, bouncing off the wrinkles of this old sphere, our temporary home - the blue planet. Have you gone out today, breathed in the fresh air of spring? The cleansing air touches your lungs and triggers a new sensation within - you feel alive once more; and once more your woes vanish into thin air. The ground we stand and walk upon, a mix of earth and seeds of life. There exists another world, on a different scale and with another purpose. A plain field of grass I desire, a horse and a saddle, to ride towards the horizon, discover, breath and rise to new heights with my soul. I am a free man; no human shall dare to bind me. I will tear apart the chains of bondage and rise my hands towards the sky. For this world and the life forms on it are my responsibility. A scream into the empty space in front of me, a cry for help or a call for charge? Everything we do,